|All training sessions will be held in the conference
room in the new terminal building
at Harry Browne Airport, 4821 Janes Rd, Saginaw, MI. (unless other wise
||Resourse Request and other ICS Forms
||Simplex Exercise using ICS Forms
||Basic Communication Skills
||Direction Finding exercise
(Randle Wicks park)
||State and ARRL SET
||Mildland Flood from the EOC, Fall SET
||Fall SET Review (State),
ARES Connect - Sign up for training and other events
- January -
You will learn how to fill out and transmit ICS forms like the
Resource Request, 214 and 205A. These forms will be utilized in the
- February - Sending messages not your cup of tea,
with this simplex exercise you will learn how to transmit and
receive ICS forms like a pro. Please bring an HT to this training.
- March - With severe weather season on it way, we will
review Skywarn policies and procedures for checking into nets,
reporting criteria, color conditions and more. This training is
great for new skywarn members and review for seasoned vets too. This
meeting will take place on the Saginaw 147.240 repeater at 7 pm.
- April - Ever wonder what you are looking at on the NWS
radar site. This training will cover the different radar products
from NWS and basic radar interpretation. This training will be
presented online via Webinar.
- May - This lesson introduces communication skills
that are specific to emcomm operations, and helps you understand
differences from normal Amateur Radio operations.
- June - Direction finding exercise - fox hunt exercise
using teams in Randle Wicks park
- July - N/A
- August - We will discuss the October State and ARRL
- September - Jack K8GTG will give his perspective of
the Midland Flood from his observations from the EOC. The second
part of the training will cover the October SET's.
- October - Fall SET reveiw
- November - Ever wonder what Fldigi is and how to use it?
This training will explain and demostrate the operation of the
- December - Due to the Covid restrictions, there will be
no Holiday/Awards breakfast this year. We look forward to next
Directions: (from North or South)
Exit I-75 at E. Holland Ave (M-46) and travel East to N. Towerline
Road. Turn left
and travel North to Janes Road. Turn right and travel East.
The airport will be on
your left. Enter the main entrance. The Pilots Lounge is
located in the large hanger
2019 Training Schedule,
2018 Training Schedule,
Training Schedule, 2015 Training
Schedule, 2014 Training
Schedule, 2013 Training
Schedule, 2012 Training
Schedule, 2011 Training
Schedule, 2010 Training