|All training sessions will be held in the conference
room in the new terminal building
at Harry Browne Airport, 4821 Janes Rd, Saginaw, MI. (unless other wise
||Using HT's as mobile and home station radios
||Long Term Power Outage
||Alternative Food Sources
||Dual Band J-Pole Antenna Build
||Direction Finding exercise
(Randle Wicks park)
||Picnic and Movie Night
||Coast Guard Station Tour
||ICS-214 Activity Log
- January - Using your HT's as mobile and home station
radio and programming your HT using Chirp -software
- February - This message exercise will test your knowledge
of sending IS-213 and radiograms using your HT. Prizes will be
awarded for the team with the most accurate and fastest time sending
- March - Sustaining communications during long term power
outages. Alternative power options.
- April - During a long term power outage normal sources of
food may not be avaialble. So how do you feed you and your family.
We will try out alternitive foods like MRE's, freeze-dryed, etc.
Each person should bring a food item to the training to try out.
- May - Build a 300-Ohm Dual Band antenna for your Baofeng
or Woxun HT ($5-6 for coax w/BNC or SMA male connector) adapter may be needed.
- June - Direction finding exercise - fox hunt exercise
using teams in Randle Wicks park
- July - N/A
- August - For the picnic, please bring a dish to pass and
a chair for the movie
- September - Enjoy a tour of the Bay City Coast Guard
Station with KE8AHW as your host,
2405 Weadock Hwy, Essexville, MI 48732.
- October - Planning for an emergency. Do you have a
plan for your family and your equipment? Learn what you need to know
to get started.
- November - Filling out and Using an ICS-214 form. The
Activity Log can be an invaluable tool for both public service
events and emergency activations.
- December - IHop on Tittabawassee Rd near I-675 at 11:30
Directions: (from North or South)
Exit I-75 at E. Holland Ave (M-46) and travel East to N. Towerline
Road. Turn left
and travel North to Janes Road. Turn right and travel East.
The airport will be on
your left. Enter the main entrance. The Pilots Lounge is
located in the large hanger
Training Schdeule, 2015 Training
Schedule, 2014 Training
Schedule, 2013 Training
Schedule, 2012 Training
Schedule, 2011 Training
Schedule, 2010 Training
Federal Fire Station Training 2013